What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Download the "Standard Distribution" : https://cef-builds.spotifycdn.com/cef_binary_88.2.4%2Bgf3c4ca9%2Bchromium-88.0.4324.150_linux64.tar.bz2
- Decompress it and check that the following packages are installed : build-essential, libgtk2.0-dev and libgtkglext1-dev
- Create the "build" directory with the command : mkdir build && cd build
Build the apps using the Unix makefile commands :
- cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ..
- make -j4 cefclient cefsimple
Wait until the process reaches 100% and execute the following commands as instructed on the screen (the paths may be different) :
- EXE="/home/<username>/cef_binary_88.2.4+gf3c4ca9+chromium-88.0.4324.150_linux64/build/tests/cefclient/Debug/chrome-sandbox" && sudo -- chown root:root $EXE && sudo -- chmod 4755 $EXE
- EXE="/home/<username>/cef_binary_88.2.4+gf3c4ca9+chromium-88.0.4324.150_linux64/build/tests/cefsimple/Debug/chrome-sandbox" && sudo -- chown root:root $EXE && sudo -- chmod 4755 $EXE
Switch to the directory where cefclient was created and execute "./cefclient --multi-threaded-message-loop" (without quotes).
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
cefclient should create the window and all the controls the same way it does when you execute “./cefclient” but if you add the --multi-threaded-message-loop switch then the buttons and address bar are missing (see the attached image).
Resizing the window fails the first time. The following resizing attemps change the window size but the browser remains unchanged.
The close button in the window doesn’t work and you need to kill the task.
If you navigate to YouTube using the links from the google.com page it will freeze the application with this message in the debug log :
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
CEF 88.2.4 in Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon (64 bits)
Does the problem reproduce with the cefclient or cefsimple sample application at the same version? How about with a newer or older version? Does the problem reproduce with Google Chrome at the same version? How about with a newer or older version?
The last working cefclient version was in CEF 85.3.13 :
CEF 86.0.14 and later versions have this issue.
Related forum thread :