What is VSRoom
VSRoom is a toolkit for collecting, aggregating and visualizing data from a number of monitoring systems, to clar ify the issues of critical services.
With VSRoom you can:
- Retrieve monitoring information from several sources:
- near-real-time (such as IRC)
- periodic (such as Email reports), or
- request/response (such as HTTP).
- You can then aggregate that information based on different keys, such as critical service types, critical ser vice sectors, issue types (delays, interruptions etc)
- Visualize the collected data on charts, maps, classification views and more.
VSRoom features include:
- Fully modular (you can utilize different readers, parsers, transports, splitters, combiners in a pipe-like man ner)
- Scalable: you can distribute the work to different machines and different geolocations
- Observable: you can use your favourite XMPP client to observe the bots at work
- Flexible: you can tailor your visualizations to match your needs.
- Python 2.5
- We've worked hard not to introduce any additional dependencies. If your distro does not have python 2.5 yet, you should be able to just compile and install.
- Ejabberd XMPP server (2.1.5 recommended)
- Additionally you will need:
- DNS server for resolving names
- Apache server for accessing the visualizations
See INSTALL document.