Speedrack is a single-node cron system with an attractive web interface, job-tracking and configurable notification via email. It's not the task runner you need, but it might be the one you deserve.
It is intended to drive regular executions of low-resource shell scripts, routing output to defined locations. The web front end makes it easy to see a high-level overview. It's convenient and easy.
Quick Installation and Local Demonstration
Easiest way to get a feel for it is to just install and play with it.
- Start with python 2.6+: http://www.python.org/download
- (bonus: Use virtualenv (intermediate, recommended))
- Install pip: easy_install pip
- Install speedrack: pip install speedrack
- Start speedrack: speedrack run
- Done! Check it out: http://localhost:8118
Speedrack comes with a demo mode, so look at your sample tasks churn. Results for these tasks are being pooled in your system temp directory.
For more information, please visit speedrack's documentation.
For a picture, please visit speedrack's introduction post.