Clouds, Cloudscape and Cloudstreams
A Cloud starts off as some text written by one author, on it's own page. Other people can add extra content, tags, comments, links, and embed multimedia. The Cloud becomes a focus for discussion and collaboration.
A Cloudscape is a collection of Clouds related to a theme. Clouds can be in one or many Cloudscapes.
A Cloudstream contains notifications about things that are happening on Clouds & Cloudscapes.
All content on a CloudEngine site is open and viewable to the world by default.
- Support for events - conferences, workshops, paper deadlines
- User profiles.
- Favourite & follow items.
- Private messaging
- Twitter feeds
- Embed videos and multimedia (oEmbed)
- Internationalized - currently in English and Greek!
- RSS Feeds
- Spam protection via Mollom
- CloudEngine provides an Application Programmer Interface (API) that allows a developer to write software or another web-site which gets data from the CloudEngine site. API
- Administration panel including statistics.
- Many features (API, internationalization, moderation...) can be switched on/off and configured.
- Clean URLs
- WYSWIG editor (TinyMCE)
- Built with accessibility & standards in mind.
- Themable and extensible.