For the impatient
- Install the plugin using the Universal Plugin Manager.
- Read the JSON-RPC 2.0 Specification.
- Read Confluence's SOAP API specification or JIRA's SOAP tutorial.
- Token auth is not supported. Your RPC client should log in via basic auth, OAuth or piggybacking on an existing login session.
- The Confluence API is exposed via JSON-RPC at /rpc/json-rpc/confluenceservice-v1, but you must leave out the "token" argument of each method in the spec.
- The JIRA API is exposed via JSON-RPC at /rpc/json-rpc/jirasoapservice-v2, but you must NOT leave out the "token" argument of each method in the spec.
Full documentation on the Atlassian Developers site
The plugin is listed on the Atlassian Plugin Exchange.