Files changed (2)
- """A semi-regionalized LCA calculation where the inventory and impact assessment spatial scales match."""
- Throughout this calculation, locations refer to integer indices retrieved from the geomapper, not the string codes themselves. We operate directly on the paramter arrays, as this is much more efficient.
- We do this by first retrieving the regionalized characterization factors for each location where characterization factors are avaiable. The intermediate data structure ``regionalized_dict`` has the following structure:
- We then use the ``np.unique`` function to retrieve all technosphere processes, and an index into ``self.tech_params`` for each of them. We can then use this index to get a location for each technosphere process.
- The characterization matrix has dimensions (number of biosphere flows, number of technosphere flows). For each column, we lookup the location code, and then retrieve the cf amounts and row indices from the ``regionalized_dict``. We can then build the ``characterization_matrix``.
- .. note:: There is a lot of duplicate data in ``characterization_matrix``, as characterization factors are provided for each technosphere process, regardless of whether that technosphere location has been seen already.
- """Multiply the characterization matrix by the life cycle inventory. Uses ``.multiply`` for point-wise multiplication, as both matrices have the same dimensions."""