Files changed (25)
+ Upgrading to the ``stats_arrays`` package changes the data format of both inventory databases and impact assessment methods.
+ Brightway2 tries to normalize units so that they are consistent from machine to machine, and person to person. For example, ``m2a`` is changed to ``square meter-year``. This update adds more data normalizations, and needs to updates links across databases.""",
+ Internal links within the database will be updated to match the new database name, i.e. ``("old name", "some id")`` will be converted to ``("new name", "some id")`` for all exchanges.
"""Abbreviate a method identifier (a tuple of long strings) for a filename. Random characters are added because some methods have similar names which would overlap when abbreviated."""
+ """Export a Gephi graph for a database for all activities which include the string ``keyword``, all all inputs for the filtered activities.
-SIMAPRO_BIOSPHERE = set(["Resources", "Emissions to air", "Emissions to water", "Emissions to soil"])
* Not all SimaPro unit changes from ecoinvent are included (no comprehensive list seems to be available)
* SimaPro unit conversions will cause problems matching to background databases (e.g. if you specify an import in megajoules, and the ecoinvent process is defined in kWh, they won't match)
- * ``depends`` (list, default= ``['ecoinvent 2.2']`` ): List of databases referenced by datasets in this file.
+ * ``depends`` (list, default= ``['ecoinvent 2.2']`` ): List of databases referenced by datasets in this file. The database *biosphere* is always matched against.
* ``name`` (str, default=None): Name of the database to import. If not specified, the SimaPro project name will be used.
* ``default_geo`` (str, default= ``GLO`` ): Default location for datasets with no location is specified.
This method looks first in the foreground, then the background; if an exchange isn't found an error is rasied."""
+ "\n\nTo do this, use `pip` (or whatever package manager you prefer) to install `stats_arrays`, e.g.:\n\n\t" \
+ """Convert all databases from ``bw_stats_toolkit`` to ``stats_arrays`` (https://bitbucket.org/cmutel/stats_arrays/)."""
-It looks like you need to upgrade to the ``stats_arrays`` package. This is a new statistical toolkit that replaces the deprecated ``bw_stats_toolkit``. Read more at (https://bitbucket.org/cmutel/stats_arrays/).
+ # See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9848889/colorama-for-python-not-returning-colored-print-lines-on-windows
+ * *ms* (one or more method ids): The method ids, e.g. ``("my method", "wow")``. Not the actual Method classes.
+ Data is recursively sorted so that the hashes are consistent. Useful for exchanging data and making sure background databases are the same across computers.
+ Used to import data formats like ecospold 1 (ecoinvent v1-2) and SimaPro, where no unique attributes for datasets are given. This is clearly an imperfect and brittle solution, but there is no other obvious approach at this time.
- """Convert all databases from ``bw_stats_toolkit`` to ``stats_arrays`` (https://bitbucket.org/cmutel/stats_arrays/)."""
+Brightway2 has its own data format for efficient saving, loading, and transfer. Read more at the `Brightway2 documentation <http://brightway2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/key-concepts.html#data-interchange>`_.
+Ecospold version 1 is the data format of ecoinvent versions 1 and 2, and the US LCI. It is an XML data format with reasonable defaults.