Why use this rather than a simple "Save as PDF" in the print dialog?
- Pressing return is faster.
- Batch-print through the writer to convert documents to PDF.
- Common save location for all generated PDFs.
- Share a PDF printer so you can print to it from another computer.
- Install the package.
- Open System Preferences and go to Printing.
- Click on Add Printer (the + at the bottom).
- "CUPS-PDF" should be in the list, select it.
- Select "Postscript" from the "Print Using" menu and pick "Generic postscript color printer"
- Click Add
- Remove the printer from System Preferences -> Printers.
- Re-run the installer and check the "Uninstall" option this time.
Print to the printer normally. The output will be in
/Users/Shared/CUPS-PDF in a folder with your user account's name. Feel free to make an alias to this folder on your desktop or put it in the Dock.