CodernityDB pure python, fast, NoSQL database
CodernityDB is opensource, pure Python (no 3rd party dependency), fast (50 000 insert and 100 000 get operations per second, check :ref:`speed` if you don't believe in words), multi platform, schema-less, NoSQL database.
You can also call it a more advanced key-value database, with multiple key-values indexes in the same engine (for sure it's not "simple key/value store"). Also CodernityDB supports functions that are executed inside database. It has optional support for HTTP server version (|CodernityDB-HTTP-link|), and also Python client library (|CodernityDB-PyClient-link|) that aims to be 100% compatible with embedded version.
And it's Apache 2.0 licensed !
- Native Python database
- Multiple indexes
- Fast (even 100 000 insert and more than 100 000 get operations per second see :ref:`speed` for details)
- Embedded mode (default) and :ref:`Server<server>`, with client library that aims to be 100% compatible with embedded one.
- Easy way to implement custom Storage (see :ref:`example_storage`)
- Collections / Tables support (see :ref:`tables_collections_q`)
- Sharding (see :ref:`sharding_in_indexes`)
Because CodernityDB is pure Python you need to perform standard installation for Python applications:
pip install CodernityDB
or using easy_install:
or from sources:
hg clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/codernity/codernitydb cd codernitydb python setup.py install
Contribute & Bugs & Requests
Do you want to contribute? Great! Then just fork our repository (|cdb_repo|) on Bitbucket and do a pull request. It can't be more easy!
To fill a bug please also use Bitbucket.
In case of any problems, feature request you can also contact us directly.
Do you want customized version of CodernityDB ? No problem, just contact us.