This is the main edX platform which consists of LMS and Studio.
See code.edx.org for other parts of the edX code base.
Please refer to the following wiki pages in our configuration repo to install edX:
- edX Developer Stack <br/>These instructions are for developers who want to contribute or make changes to the edX source code.
- edX Production Stack <br/>Using Vagrant/Virtualbox this will setup all edX services on a single server in a production like configuration.
- edX Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit Installation <br/>This will install edX on an existing Ubuntu 12.04 server.
The code in this repository is licensed under version 3 of the AGPL unless
otherwise noted. Please see the
If you're having trouble, we have several different mailing lists where you can ask for help:
- openedx-ops: everything related to running Open edX. This includes installation issues, server management, cost analysis, and so on.
- openedx-translation: everything related to translating Open edX into other languages. This includes volunteer translators, our internationalization infrastructure, issues related to Transifex, and so on.
- openedx-analytics: everything related to analytics in Open edX.
- edx-code: everything related to the code in Open edX. This includes feature requests, idea proposals, refactorings, and so on.
You can also join our IRC channel:
#edx-code on Freenode.
We use JIRA for our issue tracker, not GitHub Issues. To file a bug or request a new feature, please make a free account on our JIRA and create a new issue! If you're filing a bug, we'd appreciate it if you would follow our guidelines for filing high-quality, actionable bug reports. Thanks!
How to Contribute
Contributions are very welcome, but for legal reasons, you must submit a signed individual contributor's agreement before we can accept your contribution. See our CONTRIBUTING file for more information -- it also contains guidelines for how to maintain high code quality, which will make your contribution more likely to be accepted.
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email email@example.com