We plan to migrate from the obsolete Pylons framework to TurboGears2.
The setup procedure and .ini generation scripts still need to be fixed.
Use development.ini -- it has been adapted to contain e.g. correct database paths. To use a custom .ini file, compare with development.ini and adapt.
Copy an existing database from another installation (sqlite kallithea.db as referenced in development.ini)
- clone repo from https://bitbucket.org/_amol_/kallithea-tg/ , use the default branch
- virtualenv .hg/venv
- . .hg/venv/bin/activate
- pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
- pip install -e .
- cp ../kallithea.db .
- paster serve development.ini
Open (known) issues:
API controller does not yet work (being solved by Alessandro)
after 'pip install tgext.debugbar':
"TemplateNotFound: Template "tgext.debugbar.templates.debugbar" not found"
- message 'No handlers could be found for logger "tg.appwrappers.transaction_manager"'
- on test failure, there is logging output (mostly/only? sqlalchemy logging); unclear where it comes from but it's annoying during debugging
- "from kallithea.lib import vcs" does no longer work. Related to a change Alessandro had to make: import kallithea.lib.helpers and kallithea.lib.app_globals into kallithea/lib/init.py (apparently expected by Turbogears2 but problematic for this piece of code).
kallithea/tests/functional/test_admin_repos.py:9: in <module> from kallithea.lib import vcs E ImportError: cannot import name vcs
Other TODO: (in no particular order)
- switch from paster to gearbox (PoC available by Mads)
- allow creating database (part of gearbox PoC above)
- GPL headers seem to have been removed in some files; need to re-add them
- search and remove all remaining places that reference pylons
- verify behavior with celery
- verify behavior with databases other than sqlite
- update documentation