A number of WTForms users have requested a number of customization features, from localization to easier-customizable errors, as well as other handy features.
The purpose of this project is a sandbox for testing various factory approaches to solving this without relying on instance globals For example, a validator registry might work as such::
v = Registry() v.messages['Length-toosmall'] = _('%(field_name)s is too small. Must be at least %(min)s characters long') name = TextField(validators=[v.Length()])
- WTFridge plans to provide:
- Easy solutions to replace validation errors en-masse for purposes of i18n.
- Ways to define a custom message to be used in all future instances of a validator.
- A way to define rules for replacing widgets, without boilerplate or excessive subclassing.
- Handy field aliases, e.g. URLField is a TextField with validators.URL implied.
WTFridge requires WTForms.
To use, simply place wtfridge.py on your python path, or use your favorite installer-izer to install the tip as a python package.