CSSJockey Add-ons Server enables real-time state sync synchronization and database (based on Gun.js) used by our different add-ons and UI blocks.
Now.sh supports real-time global deployments so we will use this service to easily setup our server.
- Go to Now.sh website and create a free account if you don't have one.
- Download and install Now Desktop App on your computer and log in.
Download Server Code
- Go to https://bitbucket.org/cssjockey-team/cjaddons-server/downloads/ and click on Download repository link to get the source code in ZIP file.
- Extract the downloaded zip file on your computer.
Download via GIT
If you have GIT installed on your computer you can follow the setup below to setup the server.
$ git clone https://email@example.com/cssjockey-team/cjaddons-server.git FOLDER_NAME
Deploy server via Now.sh
- You can drag and drop the downloaded folder to the Now.sh icon in the toolbar.
- or you can open Terminal (Mac or Linux) or Command Prompt (Windows) and cd into the downloaded folder and run the following command.
$ now --npm --public
Both deployment methods mentioned above will save the server URL in your clipboard.
The server url will be something like this:
CSSJockey Add-ons Plugin Setup
- Log into your WordPress dashboard and go to CSSJockey >> Home >> Global Settings page.
- Paste the URL under Server URL and Port text box and type :443 after the URL.
Now.sh send and receive all data at port 443 so make sure to type :443 after the URL.
That's It! Now we have CSSJockey Add-ons Server up and running which will be used by our add-ons or UI blocks.