Thank you for your interest in PersonalMan - Human Resources Software. This repository contains the current version of PersonalMan and the current source code in Java. In this document you can read the steps that are necessary to get PersonalMan up and running.
What is this repository for?
- This repository contains the current version of PersonalMan and the current source code in Java. The current version of PersonalMan is 2.1.0 (see downloads or master branch). The next planned version is 2.2.0 - building the develop branch builds version 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT. Files saved in version 1.1.0 can be opened in version 2.1.0 and later. Files saved in version 2.1.0 and later cannot be opened in version 1.1.0!!!!
How do I get set up?
- Clone the git branch and import the project in your favourite IDE.
- The current main class is User Interface.
- Dependencies are managed through the pom.xml file and Apache Maven.
- An in-memory database is currently used.
- JUnit tests can be run either individually or collectively in the IDE or through maven.
- In order to build the source (and automatically generate class diagrams) you will need to install GraphViz - http://www.graphviz.org/Download..php
- Releases can be built through Maven - this should happen only after permission from the Repo Owner!
- Before developing a feature please discuss your ideas with the Repo Owner.
- Functional Tests should be written through JUnit and ensure a code coverage of at least 70% - use SonarQube to check code coverage.
- Code review should take place before a release is built and involve the Repo Owner and the Contributor.
Who do I talk to?
- Dave Lee (Repo Owner)