Bleeding Edge 2012 Session Sample Application
This is the sample application for my session at Bleeding Edge 2012.
Branches represent steps in the development of the application in the order I presented them during the talk. Each of them introduces a single feature or development approach.
- 1-BasicMVVM contains only the basic application framework following the MVVM pattern with very basic model, view and view-model classes.
- 2-DesignTimeModel adds an alternative model implementation for the designer. It uses view model locator pattern to ensure the correct model in run-time and design-time.
- 3-IoCContainer uses MEF as an IoC container to simplify the view model locator and make it easier to maintain when the project grows.
- 4-UnitTesting has an additional testing project in the solution for unit testing the application.
- 5-Mocking demonstrates a simplistic approach to mocking for dependencies of the tested class.
- 6-SQLite uses SQLite for local caching of online data for offline scenarios and improved performance.
- 7-Q42ImageCache caches the images as well with a control from Q42.WinRT library.
The best way to take a closer look at individual branches is to make a local clone of the repository and switch to the branch you are interested in. If you don't have a Git client installed you can download the source for each of the branches if you click on the Download link and then switch to the Branches tab.
For the solution to compile you need the following installed:
- WCF Data Services Tools for Windows Store Apps (until the corresponding NuGet packages are published on NuGet, you'll need to add another package source pointing to your local disk - you can read more about it here)
- SQLite for Windows Runtime Visual Studio extension
NuGet package restore also requires explicit consent from the user to download the missing packages.