Connected Windows Store App Samples
This is a set of samples I showed during by session on Building Connected Apps for Windows Store at NT conference 2013. It consists of six projects:
- RssReader is a simple RSS reader app based on Grid App project template using
- WcfClient references a WCF web service and calls asynchronous methods on the generated proxy.
- WebService is a helper project implementing the web service referenced by WcfClient project.
- OAuthClient implements OAuth authentication with Google services and calls one of its APIs.
- ODataClient references StackOverflow OData feed and calls a simple query on it.
- BackgroundTransfers uses
BackgroundDownloaderto download a longer file and includes a progress report.
For the solution to compile you need the following installed:
- WCF Data Services Tools for Windows Store Apps (until the corresponding NuGet packages are published on NuGet, you'll need to add another package source pointing to your local disk - you can read more about it here)
NuGet package restore also requires explicit consent from the user to download the missing packages.