FlySky iBus to PPM Converter based on PIC12F1572 Hardware. Useful if you have patched your i6 transmitter for 8 channels.
Input is the iBus stream from an iA6B receiver. May also work with other receivers but I haven'tried it. Outputs an 8 channel PPM stream to go into flight controller. Also outputs PWM channels for channel 7 and 8 to use with the 6 from the receiver if you want 8 channels of PWM.
More details will follow when I get around to it, but for the time being for those who are used to PIC development, here is the method.
- Download and install Microchips MPLabs X and XC8 Compiler
- Create a new project selecting PIC12F1572
- Only one source file is needed main.c
- Download to your chip. I use PicKit 3.
Circuit is very simple hardly justifies a schematic ...
- 1 VDD +5V (If driving from RC Receiver make sure does not exceed 5.5V))
- 2 UART RX iBus input
- 3 UART TX Not Used
- 4 MCLR Only used for programming
- 5 RA2 8 Channel PPM Output
- 6 RA1 PWM Ch8 Output + Programming
- 7 RA0 PWM Ch7 Output + Programming
- 8 VSS 0V
100nF decoupling capacitor between pins 1 & 8
You can flatten out the pins of the chip and solder wires direct to them or make a mini pcb. Encapsulate with some heat shrink sleaving. With an MSOP chip and a fine soldering iron it can be tiny.