=== Information for upgrading between Asterisk versions
=== These files document all the changes that MUST be taken
=== into account when upgrading between the Asterisk
=== versions listed below. These changes may require that
=== you modify your configuration files, dialplan or (in
=== some cases) source code if you have your own Asterisk
=== modules or patches. These files also include advance
=== notice of any functionality that has been marked as
=== 'deprecated' and may be removed in a future release,
=== along with the suggested replacement functionality.
=== UPGRADE-1.2.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.0 to 1.2
=== UPGRADE-1.4.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.2 to 1.4
=== UPGRADE-1.6.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.4 to 1.6
=== UPGRADE-1.8.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.6 to 1.8
From 10.3 to 10.4:
* In AEL dialplans, the "h" extension will now be inherited from prior
calling contexts, just as it had in 1.4. If you have created an AEL
dialplan from scratch in earlier versions of 10, you may want to check
that the execution of "h" extensions in earlier contexts is what you
want. If you want to interrupt this functionality, simply placing an
"h" extension in the macro where you want no inheritance to take place
should be sufficient.
From 10.2 to 10.3:
* If no transport is specified in sip.conf, transport will default to UDP.
Also, if multiple transport= lines are used, only the last will be used.
From 1.8 to 10:
- This module now expects an 'extra' column in the database for data added
using the CELGenUserEvent() application.
- ConfBridge's dialplan arguments have changed and are not
- The format interpreter formats/format_sln16.c for the file extension
'.sln16' has been removed. The '.sln16' file interpreter now exists
in the formats/format_sln.c module along with new support for sln12,
sln24, sln32, sln44, sln48, sln96, and sln192 file extensions.
- A bindaddr must be specified in order for the HTTP server
to run. Previous versions would default to 0.0.0.0 if no
bindaddr was specified.
- The default value for 'context' and 'parkinglots' in gtalk.conf has
been changed to 'default', previously they were empty.
- The mohinterpret=passthrough setting is deprecated in favor of
- Execution no longer continues after applications that do dialplan jumps
(such as app.goto). Now when an application such as app.goto() is called,
control is returned back to the pbx engine and the current extension
function stops executing.
- the autoservice now defaults to being on by default
- autoservice_start() and autoservice_start() no longer return a value.
- Mark QUEUE_MEMBER_PENALTY Deprecated it never worked for realtime members
- QUEUE_MEMBER is now R/W supporting setting paused, ignorebusy and penalty.
- The internal Asterisk database has been switched from Berkeley DB 1.86 to
SQLite 3. An existing Berkeley astdb file can be converted with the astdb2sqlite3
utility in the UTILS section of menuselect. If an existing astdb is found and no
astdb.sqlite3 exists, astdb2sqlite3 will be compiled automatically. Asterisk will
convert an existing astdb to the SQLite3 version automatically at runtime. If
moving back from Asterisk 10 to Asterisk 1.8, the astdb2bdb utility can be used
to create a Berkeley DB copy of the SQLite3 astdb that Asterisk 10 uses.
- The AMI protocol version was incremented to 1.2 as a result of changing two
instances of the Unlink event to Bridge events. This change was documented
as part of the AMI 1.1 update, but two Unlink events were inadvertently left
Module Support Level
- All modules in the addons, apps, bridge, cdr, cel, channels, codecs,
formats, funcs, pbx, and res have been updated to include MODULEINFO data
that includes <support_level> tags with a value of core, extended, or deprecated.
More information is available on the Asterisk wiki at
Deprecated modules are now marked to not build by default and must be explicitly
enabled in menuselect.
- Setting of HASH(SIP_CAUSE,<slave-channel-name>) on channels is now disabled
by default. It can be enabled using the 'storesipcause' option. This feature
has a significant performance penalty.
- The default UDPTL port range in udptl.conf.sample differed from the defaults
in the source. If you didn't have a config file, you got 4500 to 4599. Now the
default is 4000 to 4999.