Dedalus is a flexible framework for solving partial differential equations using spectral methods. The code is open-source and developed by a team of researchers working on problems in astrophysical and geophysical fluid dynamics.
The code is written primarily in Python and features an easy-to-use interface, including text-based equation entry. Our numerical algorithm produces highly sparse systems for a wide variety of equations on spectrally-discretized domains. These systems are efficiently solved using compiled libraries and multidimensional parallelization though MPI.
Learn more about Dedalus by visiting the
- Project homepage: http://dedalus-project.org
- Code repository: http://bitbucket.org/dedalus-project/dedalus
- Documentation: http://dedalus-project.readthedocs.org
- User list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dedalus-users
- Dev list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dedalus-dev
The development team currently consists of