.. -*- restructuredtext -*-
README for sphinx-contrib
This repository contains a collection of Sphinx_ extensions maintained by
their respective authors. It is not an official part of Sphinx.
.. _Sphinx: http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx
Use ``setup.py`` in the subdirectory for the individual extension::
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install
If you want to add your own extension, please write an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and give your bitbucket user name; you will then
get write access to the public repo at
Send wishes, comments, patches, etc. for individual extensions
to their author as given in the module.
List of extensions
.. Note that this will be viewed using the bitbucket web interface ..
.. which does not support the full sphinx markup like. ..
- aafig: render embeded ASCII art as nice images using aafigure_.
- autorun: Execute code in a runblock directive.
- context: a builder for ConTeXt.
- feed: an extension for creating syndication feeds from your site content
- gnuplot: produces images using gnuplot_ language.
- lilypond: an extension inserting music scripts from Lilypond_ in PNG format.
- mscgen: embed mscgen-formatted MSC (Message Sequence Chart)s.
- paverutils: an alternate integration of Sphinx with Paver_.
- sword: an extension inserting Bible verses from Sword_.
- sdedit: an extension inserting sequence diagram by using Quick Sequence
Diagram Editor (sdedit_)
- osaka: convert standard Japanese doc to Osaka dialect (it is joke extension)
- rubydomain: an extension for Ruby support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- zopeext: provide an ``autointerface`` directive for using Zope interfaces.
- googleanalytics: track html visitors statistics
- traclinks: create TracLinks_ to a Trac_ instance from within Sphinx
- issuetracker: link to different issue trackers
- epydoc: cross-reference eypdoc generated documentation
- pyqt4: markup for PyQt4 signals
- doxylink: Link to external Doxygen-generated HTML documentation
- ansi: parse ANSI color sequences inside documents
- cheeseshop: easily link to PyPI packages
- programoutput: include output of programs into documentation
.. _aafigure: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/sandbox/aafigure/
.. _gnuplot: http://www.gnuplot.info/
.. _paver: http://www.blueskyonmars.com/projects/paver/
.. _Sword: http://www.crosswire.org/sword/
.. _Lilypond: http://lilypond.org/web/
.. _sdedit: http://sdedit.sourceforge.net/
.. _Trac: http://trac.edgewall.org
.. _TracLinks: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLinks
When adding or updating your extension, please adhere to these guidelines:
* Use ``make-ext.py`` to set up your extension subdirectory.
* Each extension must be either a submodule or subpackage of the
``sphinxcontrib`` package. The ``sphinxcontrib/__init__.py`` file in your
package must not be changed.
* Each extension must be listed in this file under "List of extensions" above.
* Each author should be listed in ``AUTHORS`` along with the extension name.
* It would be good to have all extensions BSD licensed; otherwise make a note in
an ``ext/LICENSE`` file.
* Each extension can maintain a changelog and readme file; these files should
be called ``ext/CHANGES`` and ``ext/README``, respectively.