+- Add ``tmp-`` prefix to temporary environment names created by
+- Fix some uses of ``cd`` that did not account for possible
+ aliasing. Contributed by Ismail Badawi (:bbuser:`ibadawi`).
+- Fix documentation for :ref:`command-allvirtualenv`, contributed by
+ Andy Dirnberger (:bbuser:`dirn`).
+- Add ``--force`` option to :ref:`command-mkproject`, contributed by
+ Clay McClure (:bbuser:`claymcclure`).
+- Fix packaging issue with 4.1.
+- Ensure that all ``$()`` style commands that produce paths are
+ quoted. Addresses :bbissue:`164`.
+- Add :ref:`command-wipeenv` command for removing all packages
+ installed in the virtualenv.
+- Allow users of ``virtualenvwrapper_lazy.sh`` to extend the list of
+ API commands that trigger the lazy-loader by extending
+ ``_VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_API``. Patch contributed by John Purnell, see
+- Fix detection of ``--python`` option to
+ :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv`. Resolves :bbissue:`190`.
+- Add :ref:`command-allvirtualenv` command to run a command across all
+ virtualenvs. Suggested by Dave Coutts in :bbissue:`186`.
+- Fix :ref:`command-lsvirtualenv` when there are spaces in
+ ``WORKON_HOME``. Resolves :bbissue:`194`.
+- Switch to `pbr`_ for packaging.
+.. _pbr: https://github.com/openstack-dev/pbr
+**Warning:** This release includes some potentially incompatible
+changes for extensions. The python modules for extensions are now
+*always* run with ``PWD=$WORKON_HOME`` (previously the value of PWD
+varied depending on the hook). The *shell* portion of any hook
+(anything sourced by the user's shell when the hook is run) is still
+run in the same place as before.
+- All tests pass under Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.3.
+- Fix the name of the script in an error message produced
+ by ``virtualenvwrapper_lazy.sh``. (Contributed by
+ - Rename functions for generating help so they do not pollute the
+ global namespace, and especially so they do not interfere with tab
+ completion. Contributed by :bbuser:`davidszotten`.
+ - Fix an issue with listing project templates if none are
+ installed. (:bbissue:`179`)
+ - Fix an issue with the ``--python`` option to ``mkvirtualenv``
+ becoming *sticky* for future calls that do not explicitly specify
+ the option. (:bbissue:`178`)
+ - Improve tab-completion support for users of the lazy-loading
+ mode. (:bbuser:`upsuper`)
+ - Add ``--help`` option to ``mkproject``.
+ - Add ``--help`` option to ``workon``.
+ - Turn off logging from the hook loader by default, and replace
+ ``VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_LOG_DIR`` environment variable with
+ ``VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_LOG_FILE``. The rotating log behavior remains
+ the same. The motivation for this change is the race condition
+ caused by that rotating behavior, especially when the wrappers are
+ being used by users with different permissions and
+ umasks. (:bbissue:`152`)
+ - Use flake8_ for style checking.
+.. _flake8: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/flake8
+ - Replace realpath with a more portable way of converting a relative
+ path to an absolute path, used with the ``--python`` option to
+ mkvirtualenv (contributed by Radu Voicilas, :bbuser:`rvoicilas`).
+ - Posted release to PyPI, resolving download redirect
+ issue. (:bbissue:`171` and :bbissue:`172`)
- Switch to stevedore_ for plugin management
- mkvirtualenv_help should use ``$VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON`` instead
- Fix issue with lazy-loader code under zsh (:bbissue:`144`).
- Fix issue with ``noclobber`` option under zsh
(:bbissue:`137`). Fix based on patch from :bbuser:`rob_b`.
+ - Fix documentation for ``add2virtualenv`` to show the correct name
+ for the file containing the new path entry. (contributed by
+ - Fix problem with ``virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options`` under
+ zsh with ``chpwd`` functions that produce output. (:bbissue:`153`)
.. _stevedore: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stevedore
- Rewrite :ref:`command-cpvirtualenv` to use `virtualenv-clone`_
instead of making the new environment relocatable. Contributed by
- Add :ref:`install-lazy-loader` option.
- Clean up file permissions and remove shebangs from scripts not
intended to be executed on the command line. (contributed by
- Make whitespace consistent. (:bbuser:`agriffis`)
- Make ``project_dir`` a local variable so that
:ref:`command-cdproject` does not interfere with other variables
contributions toward the fix.
- Fix a problem with activation hooks when associating a new
virtualenv with an existing project directory. (:bbissue:`122`)
containing "special" characters such as ``&``. (:bbissue:`132`)
- Fix some packaging issues that made it more difficult to run the
tests directly from the sdist package. (:bbissue:`126`)
- Add Python 3 support, thanks in large part to the efforts of
Daniel Kraus (:bbuser:`dakra`). Tested under Python 2.6, 2.7, and
- Remove the initialization shortcut because it breaks tab
completion in sub-shell environments like screen and
- Add ``-a`` option to :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` to associate a
new virtualenv with an existing project directory. Contributed by
reported by :bbuser:`arthuralvim`)
- Changed arguments to :ref:`command-mktmpenv` so it always creates
an environment name for you. (:bbissue:`114` reported by
- Incorporated patch to add ``-d`` option to
:ref:`command-add2virtualenv`, contributed by :bbuser:`miracle2k`.
- Change the shell function shell definition syntax so that ksh will
treat typeset-declared variables as local. No kidding.
dependencies using a pip requirements file.
- Use VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_VIRTUALENV in `cpvirtualenv` (:bbissue:`104`).
- Add support for `MSYS <http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS>`_
- Move setup code for tab completion later in the startup code so
all of the needed variables are configured. (:bbissue:`97`)
- Expand tab completion for zsh to work for all commands.
- When testing for WORKON_HOME during startup, dereference any
symlink to make sure it is a directory.
outside of a virtualenv).
- Fix problem with space in WORKON_HOME path (:bbissue:`79`).
- Fix problem with argument processing in lsvirtualenv under zsh
- Hard-code the version information in the setup.py and conf.py
scripts. This still doesn't work for http://readthedocs.org, since
will make it easier to transition the docs to another site later.
- Attempted to make the doc build work with http://readthedocs.org.
- Merged in `Japanese translation of the documentation
- Fixed virtualenvwrapper_get_python_version (:bbissue:`73`).
- Fixed a problem with hook script line endings under Cygwin
- Point release uploaded to PyPI during outage on doughellmann.com.
- Apply patch from Zach Voase to fix :ref:`command-lsvirtualenv`
under zsh. Resolves :bbissue:`64`.
- Make :ref:`command-workon` list brief environment details when run
without argument, instead of full details.
- Add :ref:`command-showvirtualenv` command. Modify
:ref:`command-lsvirtualenv` to make verbose output the default.
- Add :ref:`command-lsvirtualenv` command with ``-l`` option to run
:ref:`scripts-get_env_details` hook instead of always running it
when :ref:`command-workon` has no arguments.
- Added ``get_env_details`` hook.
- Integrate Fred Palmer's patch to escape more shell commands to
avoid aliases. Resolves :bbissue:`57`.
- Fix a problem with running mkvirtualenv without arguments (:bbissue:`56`).
- Escape ``which`` calls to avoid aliases. Resolves :bbissue:`46`.
- Integrate Manuel Kaufmann's patch to unset GREP_OPTIONS before
- Switched hook loader execution to a form that works with Python
2.4 to resolve :bbissue:`43`.
- Added some debug instrumentation for :bbissue:`35`.
- Added `Spanish translation for the documentation
virtualenv under zsh. See :bbissue:`42`.
- Add support for ksh. Thanks to Doug Latornell for doing the
research on what needed to be changed.
- Fixed :bbissue:`32`, making virtualenvwrapper.user_scripts compatible
- Fixed :bbissue:`29`, to use a default value for ``TMPDIR`` if it
is not set in the user's shell environment.
- Rewrote hook management using Distribute_ entry points to make it
easier to share extensions.
.. _Distribute: http://packages.python.org/distribute/
- Added cpvirtualenv command [Thomas Desvenain]
- Fix a problem with error messages showing up during init for users
with the wrappers installed site-wide but who are not actually
- Run all tests with all supported shells.
- Merged in changes to cdsitepackages from William McVey. It now
takes an argument and supports tab-completion for directories
- Add user provided :ref:`tips-and-tricks` section.
- Add link to Rich Leland's screencast to :ref:`references` section.
- Add license text to the header of the script.
- Resolve a bug with the preactivate hook not being run properly.
Refer to :bbissue:`21` for complete details.
- Resolve a bug with the postmkvirtualenv hook not being run
properly. Refer to :bbissue:`19` and :bbissue:`20` for complete
- Automatically create any missing hook scripts as stubs with
comments to expose the feature in case users are not aware of it.
- Better protection of ``$WORKON_HOME`` does not exist when the
wrapper script is sourced.
- Incorporate lssitepackages feature from Sander Smits.
- Refactor some of the functions that were using copy-and-paste code
- Fix problem with add2virtualenv and relative paths. Thanks to Doug
Latornell for the bug report James Bennett for the suggested fix.
- Incorporate patch from Sascha Brossmann to fix a
:bbissue:`15`. Directory normalization was causing ``WORKON_HOME``
characters in the output of ``pwd``.
- Remove warning during installation if sphinxcontrib.paverutils is
not installed. (:bbissue:`10`)
- Added documentation for deactivate command.
- Added documentation updates provided by Steve Steiner.
- Merged in changes to ``cdvirtualenv`` from wam and added tests and
- Better error handling in mkvirtualenv.
- Remove bogus VIRTUALENV_WRAPPER_BIN variable.
- Wrap the virtualenv version of deactivate() with one that lets us
invoke the predeactivate hooks.
- Fix virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options for colorized versions
- Fix :bbissue:`5` by correctly handling symlinks and limiting the
list of envs to things that look like they can be activated.
- Check return value of virtualenvwrapper_verify_workon_home
everywhere, thanks to Jeff Forcier for pointing out the errors.
- Optimize virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options.
- Add global postactivate hook.
- Pull in fix for colorized ls from Jeff Forcier
- Add more hooks for operations to run before and after creating or
deleting environments based on changes from Chris Hasenpflug.
- Corrected a problem with change to mkvirtualenv that lead to
release 1.8 by using an alternate fix proposed by James in
- Fix for processing the argument list in mkvirtualenv from
- Move to bitbucket.org for hosting
- clean up TODO list and svn keywords
- add license section below
- More zsh support (fixes to rmvirtualenv) from Byron Clark.
- Add completion support for zsh, courtesy of Ted Leung.
- Fix some issues with spaces in directory or env names. They still
don't really work with virtualenv, though.
- Added documentation for the postactivate and predeactivate scripts.
- Includes a new .pth management function based on work contributed
by James Bennett and Jannis Leidel.
- Includes a fix for a nasty bug in rmvirtualenv identified by John Shimek.