* Fix regression in keyring lib on Windows XP where the LOCALAPPDATA
environment variable is not present.
* Mac OS X keyring backend now uses subprocess calls to the `security`
command instead of calling the API, which with the latest updates, no
longer allows Python to invoke from a virtualenv. Fixes issue #13.
* When using file-based storage, the keyring files are no longer stored
in the user's home directory, but are instead stored in platform-friendly
locations (`%localappdata%\Python Keyring` on Windows and according to
the freedesktop.org Base Dir Specification
(`$XDG_DATA_HOME/python_keyring` or `$HOME/.local/share/python_keyring`)
on other operating systems). This fixes #21.
*Backward Compatibility Notice*
Due to the new storage location for file-based keyrings, keyring 0.8
supports backward compatibility by automatically moving the password
files to the updated location. In general, users can upgrade to 0.8 and
continue to operate normally. Any applications that customize the storage
location or make assumptions about the storage location will need to take
this change into consideration. Additionally, after upgrading to 0.8,
it is not possible to downgrade to 0.7 without manually moving
configuration files. In 1.0, the backward compatibilty
will be removed.
* Removed non-ASCII characters from README and CHANGES docs (required by
distutils if we're to include them in the long_description). Fixes #55.
* Python 3 is now supported. All tests now pass under Python 3.2 on
Windows and Linux (although Linux backend support is limited). Fixes #28.
* Extension modules on Mac and Windows replaced by pure-Python ctypes
implementations. Thanks to Jerome Laheurte.
* WinVaultKeyring now supports multiple passwords for the same service. Fixes
* Most of the tests don't require user interaction anymore.
* Entries stored in Gnome Keyring appears now with a meaningful name if you try
to browser your keyring (for ex. with Seahorse)
* Tests from Gnome Keyring no longer pollute the user own keyring.
* `keyring.util.escape` now accepts only unicode strings. Don't try to encode
strings passed to it.
* fix compiling on OSX with XCode 4.0
* Gnome keyring should not be used if there is no DISPLAY or if the dbus is
not around (https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpadlib/+bug/752282).
* Added `keyring.http` for facilitating HTTP Auth using keyring.
* Add a utility to access the keyring from the command line.
* Remove a spurious KDE debug message when using KWallet
* Fix a bug that caused an exception if the user canceled the KWallet dialog
* Now using the existing Gnome and KDE python libs instead of custom C++
* Using the getpass module instead of custom code
* Fixed the setup script (some subdirs were not included in the release.)
* Fixed keyring.core when the user doesn't have a cfg, or is not
* Fixed escaping issues for usernames with non-ascii characters
* Add support for Python 2.4+
* Fix the bug in KDE Kwallet extension compiling