- Various improvements
- Changed the signature format to better comply with the current JWS spec.
Breaks all existing signatures.
- Include ``wheel unsign`` command to remove RECORD.jws from an archive.
- Put the description in the newly allowed payload section of PKG-INFO
- Use distutils instead of sysconfig to get installation paths; can install
- Improve WheelFile() sort.
- Allow bootstrap installs without any pkg_resources.
- Unit test for wheel.tool.install
- API cleanup
- Scripts fixer fix
- Fix keygen
- Preserve attributes on install.
- Include a copy of pkg_resources. Wheel can now install into a virtualenv
that does not have distribute (though most packages still require
pkg_resources to actually work; wheel install distribute)
- Define a new setup.cfg section [wheel]. universal=1 will
apply the py2.py3-none-any tag for pure python wheels.
- Only import dirspec when needed. dirspec is only needed to find the
configuration for keygen/signing operations.
- requires-dist from setup.cfg overwrites any requirements from setup.py
Care must be taken that the requirements are the same in both cases,
or just always install from wheel.
- drop dirspec requirement on win32
- improved command line utility, adds 'wheel convert [egg or wininst]' to
convert legacy binary formats to wheel
- Wheel's own wheel file can be executed by Python, and can install itself:
``python wheel-0.9.5-py27-none-any/wheel install ...``
- Use argparse; basic ``wheel install`` command should run with only stdlib
- Allow requires_dist in setup.cfg's [metadata] section. In addition to
dependencies in setup.py, but will only be interpreted when installing
from wheel, not from sdist. Can be qualified with environment markers.
- Fix wheel.signatures in sdist
- Integrated digital signatures support without C extensions.
- Integrated "wheel install" command (single package, no dependency
resolution) including compatibility check.
- Support Python 3.3
- Use Metadata 1.3 (PEP 426)
- Automatic signing if WHEEL_TOOL points to the wheel binary
- Even more Python 3 fixes
- 'wheel sign' uses the keys generated by 'wheel keygen' (instead of generating
a new key at random each time)
- Python 2/3 encoding/decoding fixes
- Run tests on Python 2.6 (without signature verification)
- Updated digital signatures scheme
- Python 3 support for digital signatures
- Always verify RECORD hashes on extract
- "wheel" command line tool to sign, verify, unpack wheel files
- none/any draft pep tags update
- improved wininst2wheel script
- doc changes and other improvements
- sort .dist-info at end of wheel archive
- Windows & Python 3 fixes from Paul Moore
- scripts to convert wininst & egg to wheel
- require distribute >= 0.6.28
- stop using verlib
- working pretty well
- hyphenated name fix
- improve test coverage
- improve Windows compatibility
- include tox.ini courtesy of Marc Abramowitz
- draft hmac sha-256 signing function
- prototype egg2wheel conversion script
- Python 3 compatibility
- Initial version