Building Fuel Econ for Submission to App Store
- In terminal, go to mpg/MyMPG and run:
- Commit git changes caused by version number increase.
- Select "Fuel Economy (Release)" scheme
- Select "iOS Device" target
- Hold down Option, and select "Product > Clean Build Folder...". This forces the EPA database to get rebuilt and redownloaded.
- Build and Run Unit Tests on device (Product > Test)
- Archive (Product > Archive)
- Tag release candidate in git. For example:
git tag -a v1.0-rc2 -m "v1.0 Release candidate 2"
- Push tag to remote repository. E.g.,
git push origin v1.0-rc2
- In Xcode, select Window > Organizer and then choose Archives.
- Set the comment in the newly created archive to match the git tag. E.g., v1.0-rc2.
- Choose Export... and save to Google Drive under Crazy Ideas/mpg/App Store Submissions with a name that has the git tag in it (follow the convension of the other files in that directory).
- Submit exported archive via Application Loader 3.0 or later.
- Open iTunes Connect, and submit for approval (either for test flight beta, store, or both).