* An industrial strength ORM, built
from the core on the identity map, unit of work,
and data mapper patterns. These patterns
- allow 100% of object persistence behavior to
- be defined declaratively. The domain model
+ allow transparent persistence of objects
+ using a declarative configuration system.
can be constructed and manipulated naturally,
and changes are synchronized with the
current transaction automatically.
* A relationally-oriented query system, exposing
- joins, subqueries, correlation, and everything
- else explicitly, in terms of the object model.
+ the full range of SQL's capabilities
+ explicitly, including joins, subqueries,
+ correlation, and most everything else,
+ in terms of the object model.
Writing queries with the ORM uses the same
techniques of relational composition you use
when writing SQL. While you can drop into
literal SQL at any time, it's virtually never
-* The most comprehensive and flexible system anywhere
- of eager loading of related collections and objects.
- Collections are fully cached within a session,
+* A comprehensive and flexible system
+ of eager loading for related collections and objects.
+ Collections are cached within a session,
and can be loaded on individual access, all
at once using joins, or by query per collection
across the full result set.
* A Core SQL construction system and DBAPI
interaction layer. The SQLAlchemy Core is
separate from the ORM and is a full database
- abstraction layer in it
's own right, and includes
+ abstraction layer in its own right, and includes
an extensible Python-based SQL expression
language, schema metadata, connection pooling,
type coercion, and custom types.