With very complicated drafts I'm beginning to run into this trouble;
Let's say you have an assymetric pattern;
- You have linings drawn in.
- You want to print/plot/mark the opposite side.
- You flip by point
- You end up with a properly mirrored drawing, but:
- There's no option to color so everything is black
- You have to re-add the lines since they can not be flipped
- All labels go haywire as they're aligned as you would see them on the other side, causing them to be unreadable
- For smaller details a suffix is good, but with larger details you end up with extremely long names (chestdarttop_mir_right instead of just chestdarttop)
- when you add a point you need to re-flip. deleting the flip takes time as sometimes you miss a line and can not delete, so you add suffix _mir_right2
- Conclusion; it becomes a mess.
In draw mode, I personally don't need to see the flipped drawing. I have everything colored according to side, so a simple "mirror detail" would suffice to give me asymetric patterns in layout.