Code_Aster source files are stores into three repositories:
- src: this one containing C, fortran, python source files and its build scripts,
- validation: few testcase files with proprietary datas,
- data: material datas that can not be freely distributed.
Other independant repositories exist:
- devtools: contains helper scripts.
- i18n: repository created to share the gettext files for Code_Aster messages.
The size of the src repository is about 350 MB (for validation, it is about 1 GB).
The main branches are:
- default: the default branch containing all the history of the development version from and to the next testing state (ex.: 12.0.9).
- v11: maintenance branch for the version 11, starting from 11.4.0.
The main tags are:
- stable: the last frozen state of the stable version in the current maintenance branch (ex. 11.4.0).
- testing: the last frozen state of the development version in the default branch (ex. 12.1.0).
The following names are not really tags but used to identify the code during its enhancements:
- unstable: the last state of the development version (ex. 12.1.3). It is the head of the default branch.
- stable-updates: the last state of the stable version (ex. 11.4.2). It is a snapshot between two successive stable versions.