Welcome to PyPy Development
The PyPy project aims at producing a flexible and fast Python implementation. The guiding idea is to translate a Python-level description of the Python language itself to lower level languages. Rumors have it that the secret goal is being faster-than-C which is nonsense, isn't it? more...
Getting into PyPy ...
- Release 1.4: the latest official release
- PyPy Blog: news and status info about PyPy
- Documentation: extensive documentation about PyPy.
- Getting Started: Getting started and playing with PyPy.
- Papers: Academic papers, talks, and related projects
- Videos: Videos of PyPy talks and presentations
- speed.pypy.org: Daily benchmarks of how fast PyPy is
Mailing lists, bug tracker, IRC channel
- Development mailing list: development and conceptual discussions.
- Subversion commit mailing list: updates to code and documentation.
- Development bug/feature tracker: filing bugs and feature requests.
- Sprint mailing list: mailing list for organizing upcoming sprints.
- IRC channel #pypy on freenode: Many of the core developers are hanging out at #pypy on irc.freenode.net. You are welcome to join and ask questions (if they are not already developed in the FAQ). You can find logs of the channel here.
Meeting PyPy developers
The PyPy developers are organizing sprints and presenting results at conferences all year round. They will be happy to meet in person with anyone interested in the project. Watch out for sprint announcements on the development mailing list.