The DMPTool (dmptool.org) helps researchers:
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance for data management plan
- Learn about resources and services available at your institution to fulfill the data management requirements of their grants
Check out the DMPTool Blog for updates and current information on the project. We also post updates on our Twitter feed, @TheDMPTool, and the DMPTool Facebook Page
Becoming a DMPTool Partner
DMPTool Partners are institutions, profit and nonprofit entities, or other groups that are committed to the DMPTool's utility and success as an effective and efficient way to create data management plans. Our goal in establishing and recognizing our partner institutions is to build a committed community of users that sustain and support the evolution of the DMPTool. Institutions can become partners by agreeing to the Partner Principles below (no signature required), plus completing at least one of the following:
- Establish institutional authentication with the DMPTool (Shibboleth, LDAP, etc.)
- Customize the tool with resources, help text, suggested answers, or other information.
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the DMPTool codebase.
Partners can customize the tool for their specific campus. They can submit information pointing to their resources and services to aid researchers with data management, plus provide customized help and suggest answers to the questions asked by funding agencies. Persons affiliated with contributing institutions can log in with their own institutional accounts once Shibboleth log in has been configured.
If your institution is interested in becoming a partner, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DMPTool2 Project
With generous funding from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the DMPTool team is developing the next generation of the DMPTool.
See the DMPTool2 Project page for more information.
- Outreach materials you can customize and download to promote DMPTool use at your institution
- Data management planning resources on how to effectively write and use a data management plan with DMPTool
- Governance of the DMPTool
- Presentations and press about the DMPTool
- Templates and help for customizing the DMPTool for your institution
Directory of Wiki Pages