Django Google App Engine Skeletor
dj-gae-skeletor is a skeleton Django project handy for bootstrapping new empty projects hosted with Google App Engine
- django-nonrel - Non-relational backend support for Django via the new multi-db SQL compiler layer.
- djangoappengine - Django backends for App Engine support.
- djangotoolbox - Small set of useful Django tools that are nonrel-compatible.
- django-autoload - Ensures loading of indexes or signal handlers before any request is being processed.
- django-dbindexer - Adds support for SQL features like JOINs to non-relational Django backends
Download Google App Engine SDK, unpack and add to PATH env variable.
# create symbolic link to webob in project dir (in this case project dir is dj-gae-skeletor) ln -s <path_to_google_app_engine_sdk>/lib/<latest_webob>/webob webob # run python manage.py syncdb # run python manage.py runserver # manage.py remote allows you to execute a command on the production database # examples are: manage.py remote shell manage.py remote createsuperuser
- Any app or module should be added to project dir
- You can access datastore with: /_ah/admin/
If you haven't created application yet, go to https://appengine.google.com/ and create one.
Use created app name in app.yaml under application property.
# run python manage.py deploy
You will have to login with google account.
In case of server errors go to https://appengine.google.com/, choose app and then Logs link in sidebar.