Hacked Splitters mods Factorio, adding a new class of splitters—the "hacked splitter". These splitters perfectly balance transport belt inputs, but can no longer effectively manage multi-item belts (though you are willing to try).
Hacked Splitters is released under this
- Upgraded the version to 0.15;
- Published overclock mode; see the unreleased
- Disabled the three white hatch-marks on the splitter until the procedure for supporting both lo- and hi-res versions is worked out.
- The hacked fast splitter only compresses at 98%, but fully compresses with overclock enabled;
- No distinguishing graphics between normal and hacked splitters;
- Bob's Logistics hasn't been released and as such wasn't tested.
- Added an overclock toggle per splitter, settable with
SHIFT-Owhen selecting the splitter. This disables the splitter's backoff logic allowing it to draw equally from the inputs. The downside is that it requires more processing time. Use wisely.
- Performance improvements;
- Repair older upgrade-planner save files;
- Fixed migration from 1.0.5 (reported by Doublespin); and
- Handle multiple
robot_pre_minedevents for same item (issue
- Fixed case where three of four outbound lines were blocked (issue #5).
- Factorio 0.14 update.
- An offending mod was wiping out the global
utilmodule. Instead of relying on the global namespace,
require "util"when needed (issue
- Support for Bob's Logistics mod.
- Removed splitter images and refactored the entities to use animation layers for the hatch marks.
- Recalculate update frequency when dependent mods (e.g.,
base) are updated in the event they change their belts' speeds.
- Patch for case where the entity becomes invalid (issue
session_tickas it was not needed and might cause a multiplayer desync.
- Fixed express belt compression in main processing loop (reported by goofy183).
This release marks the debut of Hacked Splitters. It includes a small but functional set of features:
Three new entities—hacked splitter, hacked fast splitter, and hacked express splitter, which build upon the splitter, fast splitter, and express splitter, respectively;
Extremely minor graphics tweaks for the splitter icons and entities. They are denoted by three white hatch marks on the splitter bezels; and
This release was planned to be much larger (see
Hackathon below for
more info). I'm investigating the feasibility of creating a splitter
circuit base-station by tinkering with combinators to see if they can
read state from entities not directly attached, or by having entities
broadcast to them.
Status: Indefinitely postponed
The original goal of this release is to add circuit logic to the
splitter. The plan was that this would be done as part of
Oh, how ignorant was I.
I had thought that by adding circuit connection attributes to the entities paired with a little Lua code, an item would inherit circuit properties. Seemed reasonable. Sufficed to say that as of 0.13, this did not work. Below is a small catalog of things I wanted to do.
Backpressure signal (output). Output green when all output lines are available, yellow for some pressure, and red when all lines have backpressure;
Throughput signal (output);
Item mask for split control (input). A constant combinator outputting an item-type and masked value would control the lines items were split to. For example, copper plate with a value of 3 would balance to the same output belt (lines 5 and 6);
Update graphics to include circuit leads; and
Recipe adjustment for +1 iron plate (circuit connections).