DVM - D Version Manager
DVM has moved to github: https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm
DVM allows you to easily download and install D compilers and manage different versions of the compilers. When you switch D compiler with the "use" command the compiler will only be available in the current shell. This allows you to have one version of the compiler in one shell and another version in another shell. For example, have a D1 version in one shell and a D2 version in another.
General Installation Instructions:
- Download the DVM tool form: https:bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/downloads
- Add executable permissions to the downloaded file.
- Run the installation:
$ ./<dvm> install dvm(where <dvm> is the name of the downloaded file)
Example of installation:
Mac OS X:
$ wget -O dvm https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/downloads/dvm-0.4.0-osx && chmod +x dvm && ./dvm install dvm
$ wget -O dvm https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/downloads/dvm-0.4.0-linux-32 && chmod +x dvm && ./dvm install dvm
$ wget -O dvm https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/downloads/dvm-0.4.0-linux-64 && chmod +x dvm && ./dvm install dvm
Follow the general installation instructions.
Upgrading from 0.2.0 to 0.3.0
It might be necessary to do a complete clean installation by removing
~/.dvm. This is in particular if you had any problems with the previous shell scripts not working.
Install a D compiler (DMD):
$ dvm install 2.060
Install a D compiler (DMD) with Tango as the standard library:
$ dvm install 1.068 -t
Use a Compiler
Use a D compiler (DMD):
$ dvm use 2.060
Use a D compiler (DMD) and set it to default:
$ dvm use 2.060 -d
Show usage information:
$ dvm -h
The source code is available under the Boost Software License 1.0
- Currently DMD is the only supported compiler
- A D1 compiler: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
- Tango: http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango (revision 5620 or newer)
- DSSS: http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss
- zlib: http://zlib.net/
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.selenic.com/ (to clone the repository)
- Clone the repository: hg clone https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm
- Change to the newly created directory
- Run: "dsss build"