WHAT IS DOTCLEAR ?
Dotclear is an open-source web publishing software. Take control over your blog!
Dotclear project's purpose is to provide a user-friendly tool allowing anyone to publish on the web, regardless of their technical skills.
- Easy publication
- Fully customizable theme
- User-friendly administration
- Flexible template system
- Media management
- Choose from several editing syntax (wiki, markdown, textile or directly in wysiwyg)
- Flexible comment system
- Built-in antispam
- Presentation widgets
- Themes and plugins
- Tags and categories
- Automated installation
- Support for several database types
- Multi-user with permissions
- Standards compliant
- Importing / exporting
- Naturally optimized for search engines
- Syndication feeds
- Complete trackback support
- Full Unicode support
- XML/RPC client support
- Performance and scalability
- Twice free
In order to run Dotclear you need:
- A web server (Apache, Cherokee, Nginx, lighttpd, etc.)
- PHP 5.3 with the following modules:
- mysql, mysqli, postgresql or sqlite
- A database server (MySQL or PostgreSQL) or SQLite.
The easiest way to install the blog engine is automatic installation. Download the one minute install file, upload it to your web space. Then open it in your favorite browser. You'll only have to follow the instructions on screen. See the documentation for more information.
You need to download Dotclear archive, extract it then upload your files to your web space using an FTP client. Then open your favorite browser and go to http://your.host.name/dotclear/admin/install/. A message alerts you that you haven't got a configuration file and offers to run the wizard. Click this link.
Still unsure if you want to move? A "guided tour" is what you need.
Dotclear is fully documented:
- If you have moved in already, the User Manual is there for you.
- The managers will turn to the Administration Guide.
- Decorators and craftsmen will surely enjoy reading the Developer and designer resources.
Dotclear documentation uses a wiki. Feel free to contribute.
Dotclear is an open source project. If you'd like to contribute, please read the CONTRIBUTING file. You can submit a pull request, or feel free to use any other way you'd prefer.