Counter-strike UI Concept
Some ideas on what the UI could potentially be like.
I have done a rough implementation of the concept as a webpage. I focused more on working on the functional part of the UI, not so much on the looks/style.
- Be able to move to any part of the UI, even when searching for a game.
- Have some components always available regardless of where you are in the UI (account name / friend list / party list / party chat).
- Add some keyboard shortcuts (to show the chat, move between the tabs, etc).
- When a match is found, show a message in the center of the screen.
- Add a home tab, which will be used to show/promote the various parts of the game (forum / skins / games to watch, etc).
- Add a store tab, where you'll see what is available to buy, and some featured items.
The left and bottom side of the UI would be always accessible regardless of what the current tab is.
The party chat can be shown/hidden by clicking on the party chat button. When searching for a match, there would be an indication on the bottom right side.
You can go to any part of the UI while searching for a match. Once its found, a dialog will appear where you can accept it.
You would be able to change the settings even while searching for a game, or talking with your party.
In Accept Dialog
- enter: Accept match.
- esc: Cancel match.
In Play Tab
- ctrl + enter: Start searching for a match.
- esc: Cancel search.
- ctrl + c: Open/close the party chat.
- ctrl + 1: Open home tab.
- ctrl + 2: Open play tab.
- ctrl + 3: Open inventory tab.
- ctrl + 4: Open blog tab.
- ctrl + 5: Open watch tab.
- ctrl + 6: Open awards tab.
- ctrl + 7: Open options tab.
Note: In the browser implementation use
shift + number instead, since
ctrl + number is reserved by the browser (for tab switching).