Alternatively, one can use the ``hgsubversion.externals`` in hgrc to
specify ``subrepos`` as the externals mode. In this mode, ``.hgsub``
and ``.hgsubstate`` files will be used instead of
This feature requires Mercurial 1.7.1 or later.
This mode has the following limitations:
-* Require Mercurial >= 1.7.1 to work correctly on all platforms.
* "hgsubversion" subrepositories require hgsubversion extension to be
available. To operate transparently on ``svn:externals`` we have to
stay as close as possible to their original property
- Set to ``subrepos`` to switch to subrepos-based externals support
- (requires Mercurial 1.7.1 or later.) Default is ``svnexternals``,
- which uses a custom hgsubversion-specific format and works on
- older versions of Mercurial. Use ``ignore`` to avoid converting externals.
+ Set to ``subrepos`` to switch to subrepos-based externals support. Default
+ is ``svnexternals``, which uses a custom hgsubversion-specific format and
+ works on older versions of Mercurial. Use ``ignore`` to avoid converting
The following options only have an effect on the initial clone of a repository: