I've imported a part of svn repository and used HG for a while as a kind of "SVN Client".
Cause we have some files/directory in non-ascii encoding I tried the fixutf8 extension. To not to be forced to rename all the problematic files/directories cause of Mercurial restrictions.
I've used add/remove in Mercurial after enabling the extension on the first clone. And for sure I've also cloned this part of repository (this time without startrev) again.
Comparing both of them I've noticed, that there is a difference between tracked files in the hg clone (without uncommited changes/local commits) and the svn-repository.
The difference is not essential in my case, but could be critical in other places.
I hope I'll be able to provide needed information for the debugging. Cloning of complete svn repo takes more then 2 hours and makes my computer unusable that time.