Nes-Header-Problems

Issue #40 resolved
Stephan L.
created an issue

I'm using last stable RomCenter build & last RomCenter Beta for testing purposes. I'm using No-Intro Parent-Clone (XML) Dats from datomatic.no-intro.org. If using RC3 all is fine. But if i try to add my NES-Rom-Paths then RomCenterBeta stops working and Win7 tells me that.

Sometimes the different headers ( .nes; .pas; *.unf ) are recognized and sometimes some of them aren't.

Comments (13)

  1. Kezo

    I'm still having the same issue with beta11 when trying to add a NES ROM path, also using No-Intro Parent-Clone (XML) Dats, RomCenter crashes about half way through the process of loading the files when I'm trying to add the folder. No error messages, Windows just tells me "RomCenter has stopped working". This has only happened with a NES ROM folder for me so far (all other systems worked fine), and also with only ONE of my NES ROM folders. I have another folder with much less NES ROMs in it, loading this one works just fine.

  2. Kezo

    I tried to add the ROM folder a few more times and took a look at the logs, it seems like the program actually crashes while working on a different ROM every time. This was the last line in the log file after three different runs, respectively:

    <log4j:event logger="Romcenter" level="TRACE" timestamp="1498260095554" thread="11"><log4j:message>Loading item Megaman III (U) [T+Fre_Sstrad].nes</log4j:message><log4j:NDC /><log4j:locationInfo class="RomCenter.DataAccess.Firebird.EF5.Ef" method="Void ImportFilesroms(System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary2[System.String,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[RomCenter.DataAccess.Hash.RomData]])" file="C:\Projects\Romcenter\DataAccess\Firebird\EF5\EF.cs" line="3622" /><nlog:eventSequenceNumber>11510</nlog:eventSequenceNumber><nlog:locationInfo assembly="RomCenter.DataAccess, Version=4.0.15310.16070, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" /><nlog:properties /><log4j:properties><log4j:data name="log4japp" value="true" /><log4j:data name="log4jmachinename" value="KEZO" /></log4j:properties></log4j:event>

    <log4j:event logger="Romcenter" level="TRACE" timestamp="1498260492509" thread="14"><log4j:message>Loading item 100-in-1 Contra Function 16 [p1][!].nes</log4j:message><log4j:NDC /><log4j:locationInfo class="RomCenter.DataAccess.Firebird.EF5.Ef" method="Void ImportFilesroms(System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary2[System.String,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[RomCenter.DataAccess.Hash.RomData]])" file="C:\Projects\Romcenter\DataAccess\Firebird\EF5\EF.cs" line="3622" /><nlog:eventSequenceNumber>107</nlog:eventSequenceNumber><nlog:locationInfo assembly="RomCenter.DataAccess, Version=4.0.15310.16070, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" /><nlog:properties /><log4j:properties><log4j:data name="log4japp" value="true" /><log4j:data name="log4jmachinename" value="KEZO" /></log4j:properties></log4j:event>

    <log4j:event logger="Romcenter" level="TRACE" timestamp="1498260598938" thread="13"><log4j:message>Loading item Captain Tsubasa Vol. II - Matsuyama Emperor Come Back (Hack).nes</log4j:message><log4j:NDC /><log4j:locationInfo class="RomCenter.DataAccess.Firebird.EF5.Ef" method="Void ImportFilesroms(System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary2[System.String,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[RomCenter.DataAccess.Hash.RomData]])" file="C:\Projects\Romcenter\DataAccess\Firebird\EF5\EF.cs" line="3622" /><nlog:eventSequenceNumber>3292</nlog:eventSequenceNumber><nlog:locationInfo assembly="RomCenter.DataAccess, Version=4.0.15310.16070, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" /><nlog:properties /><log4j:properties><log4j:data name="log4japp" value="true" /><log4j:data name="log4jmachinename" value="KEZO" /></log4j:properties></log4j:event>

    EDIT: I just tried using a different NES dat file (No Intro Standard DAT) and I was able to load the entire folder without any issues. Sadly, the No Intro Standard DAT file doesn't seem to be working with RomCenter, as all working ROMs are recognized as unknown files, and all broken ROMs are recognized as working. With all other systems I tried so far, using the Datset/Standard DAT with RomCenter worked fine (SNES, Game Boy Advance, ...), only for NES i needed to switch to the XML version.

  3. Log in to comment