Here's what happened.
- I had Romcenter RC1.1 on my PC.
- Upon startup, i noticed it automatically opened a data file. I'm not 100% sure but i think last time i had no datafile open before closing RC, but... anyway...
- It reported a new version (RC1.2). I selected to download it and then closed RC1.1
- I copied all files of RC 1.2 in the Romcenter folder and then i reopened it.
- Upon startup, it opened several datafiles, rather old though, in different tabs.
- I closed all tabs, closed and reopened Romcenter. The datafiles were opened again!
I'm not 100% sure what's happening but i'm guessing that the first time RC is executed, it upgrades its config file. Normally it should get the config from the previous version, copy it under a new "AppData\Local\romcenter\RomCenter.exe" subfolder and proceed. It seems that the upgrade is not done from the last version but rather from a much older beta, which contained those old databases.
This might be an irritating problem for users not familiar with the internals and peculiarities of .NET, so it would be nice to find the cause of this and make sure it does not occur in the future.