Software to install
Please install these programs to download and build the website:
- (or just Mercurial, if you don't use Windows)
- ActiveState Python Community Edition 2.6
- Other versons of Python could work too, but are more complicated to set up. Ask Ed if you care to hear the details.
- After you have Python set up, install Fabric (a useful tool) and Blogofile (which builds the site):
- Open the Start Menu and select "Run..."
- Type "pip install fabric blogofile".
- If you see anything that looks like an Error, email it to Ed.
Services to Join
- Sign up for BitBucket
- Then Follow the HNJ Site repository.
- Sign up for Dropbox
- Full disclosure: The above link will add 250MB more free storage to Ed's quota as well as yours.