dbg is a C++ library of debugging tools for OS X and Windows. With minimal adaptation, it should also work on other modern UNIXes.
- A collection of high-level macros for assertions and handling unusual events
- Tracebacks of terminal exceptions and exception logging
- A means of enumerating and collecting call-frames
- Function symbol lookup for OS X, Visual C++ and MinGW
Notably, the MinGW symbol lookup implementation is written from scratch to skim the COFF symbol data and so requires no external GPL/LGPL dependencies, such as libbfd.
dbg depends on fungo for exception storage and propagation.
dbg is licensed under the Boost Software License v1.0, allowing use of the library in open- and closed-source software.
- Apple's GCC 4.0 and 4.2 on OS X
- Apple's LLVM-GCC 4.2 on OS X
- MinGW GCC 4.2 and later on Win32
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010. 2012 should be fine too, but I haven't tried.