Released April 24, 2011
- Documentation: Substantial documentation improvements, including adding
Crash Course as a sphinx document.
- ext.django: QuerySetSelectField (and ModelSelectField) now accept get_label
similar to sqlalchemy equivalents.
* model_form fixes: FloatField(#50), TimeField, DateTimeField(#55)
* ReferencePropertyField: now properly stores model object, not key. (#48)
Released January 22, 2011
- Bug Fixes:
* ext.appengine: various field fixes (#34, #48), model_form changes (#41)
* Fix issue in Optional with non-string input.
* Make numeric fields more consistent.
- Tests: Improve test coverage substantially.
Released September 17th, 2010
- Bug Fixes:
* ext.appengine ReferencePropertyField (#36, #37)
* dateutil fields: render issue (r419), and consistency issue (#35)
* Optional validator failed when raw_data was absent (r418)
- Documentation: docs now mention HTML escaping functionality (#38)
- Add preliminary support for providing a translations object that can
translate built-in validation and coercion errors (#32)
Released April 25th, 2010.
* HTML is now marked as safe (using __html__) so that compatible templating
engines will not auto-escape it.
* Field._default is now Field.default.
* All fields now have a `raw_data` property.
* Fields which are select fields (including those in .ext) can be
iterated to produce options, and have an option_widget kwarg.
* Minor bugfixes and cleanup in FieldList, Select(Multiple)Field,
QuerySelectField to address behavioral consistency.
* Added FloatField, based on IntegerField.
* ext.appengine now supports FloatProperty and GeoPtProperty.
* ext.sqlalchemy QueryMultipleSelectField changed to QuerySelectMultipleField.
Released February 13th, 2010.
- Added a BaseForm class which provides the core processing and validation
functionality of Form without requiring declarative subclassing.
* Field labels now default to a humanized field name.
* Fields now have a `short_name` property which is the un-prefixed name.
* DecimalField now rounds values for display without float coercion.
See docs for details on how to format decimals.
* ext.sqlalchemy.fields now has an additional QuerySelectMultipleField, and
all fields can now support multiple-column primary keys.
* ext.sqlalchemy.orm contains tools for making forms from ORM models.
* Added ext.dateutil for flexible date-time parsing.
* Added ext.appengine contributed by Rodrigo Moraes.
- Added AnyOf and NoneOf validators.
Released October 10th, 2009.
- Fields have much greater control over input processing. Filters have been
added to implement a simple way to transform input data.
- Added fields that encapsulate advanced data structures such as dynamic lists
or child forms for more powerful field composing.
- Fields now use widgets for rendering.
- All built-in validators have been converted to classes to clean up the code.
- `Form.auto_populate` and `Field.populate` were renamed to `populate_obj` to
clarify that they populate another object, not the Form or Field. This is an
API breaking change.
- Dropped support for Python 2.3.
Released January 24th, 2009.
- Several fixes were made to the code and tests to make WTForms compatible
with Python 2.3/2.4.
- Form's properties can now be accessed via dictionary-style access such as
`form['author']`. This also has the intended effect of making variable
lookups in Django templates more reliable.
- Form and Field construction changes: Form now uses a metaclass to handle
creating its `_unbound_fields` property, and Field construction now gives an
instance of the new `UnboundField` class instead of using a partial function
application. These are both internal changes and do not change the API.
Released January 18th, 2009.
- Validation overhaul: Fields are now responsible for their own validation,
instead of mostly relying on Form. There are also new pre_validate and
post_validate hooks on subfields, adding a great deal of flexibility when
dealing with field-level validation. Note that this is an API breaking change
if you have any subfields that override `Field.validate`. These will need to
be updated to use the new hooks.
- Changes in how `process_data` and `process_formdata` are called:
* `process_data` no longer accepts the `has_formdata` parameter.
* At form instantiation time, `process_data` will be called only once for
each field. If a model object is provided which contains the property,
then this value is used. Otherwise, a keyword argument if specified is
used. Failing that, the field's default value is used.
* If any form data is sent, `process_formdata` will be called after
`process_data` for each field. If no form data is available for the
given field, it is called with an empty list.
- wtforms.ext.django has been overhauled, both to mirror features and changes
of the Django 1.0 release, and to add some useful fields for working with
django ORM data in forms.
- The `checker` keyword argument to SelectField, SelectMultipleField, and
RadioField has been renamed to `coerce` to reflect the actual functionality
of this callable.
Released January 13th, 2009.
- We have documentation and unit tests!
- Fields now have a `flags` property which contain boolean flags that are set
either by the field itself or validators being specified on a field. The
flags can then be used in checks in template or python code.
- Changed the way fields take parameters, they are no longer quasi magic. This
is a breaking change. Please see the documentation for the new syntax.
- Added optional description argument to Field, accessible on the field as
`description`. This provides an easy way to define e.g. help text in the same
place as the form.
- Added new semantics for validators which can stop the validation chain, with
or without errors.
- Added a regexp validator, and removed the not_empty validator in favour of
two validators, optional and required. The new validators allow control
over the validation chain in addition to checking emptiness.
- Renamed wtforms.contrib to wtforms.ext and reorganised wtforms.ext.django.
This is a breaking change if you were using the django extensions, but should
only require changing your imports around a little.
- Better support for other frameworks such as Pylons.
Released July 25th, 2008.
- Initial release.