This website is outdated and not maintained anymore. Please visit our new EggRider user manual.
EggRider display set-up
It is highly recommended that you update your firmware when you receive your EggRider.
EggRider has an algorithm to automatically detect your controller brand (check Display compatibility).
Sometimes the auto detection fails and display functionality is limited.
How do you check it?:
- Display shows speed as - -.-.
- Going into EggRider mobile app while connected, on EggRider settings page press Read button and the Protocol most probably is Unknown/Auto.
Protocol has a list of various configurations, each controller brand having two possible options for example: Kunteng and Kunteng Rx/Tx Swap.
Troubleshoot display limited functionality or - -.- speed:
- After each step check if speed shows 0.0 (that means your display works correctly with all the functionalities)
- Reset display to default: while display is off press Menu + Power buttons
- Connect with mobile app and from EggRider settings page, press Read, change Protocol type to your controller's brand name (example: Kunteng) and press Write.
- Restart display
- Repeat 1-2 by changing Protocol to your controller's brand name with Rx/Tx Swap (example: Kunteng Tx/Rx Swap)
- Repeat 1-2 by changing Protocol to Auto/Unknown
In order to show speed accurately, it is essential to set up the wheel circumference (mm) properly.
It is not just the rim size (eg. 26") because it can vary a lot based on your tire, so please consider both rim and tire.
The 'wheel size' drop down has a few sizes to choose from; if you don't find yours in there you should look online for your rim + tire circumference. (These are some comprehensive sources Link1 or Link2 )
In order to have a precise battery percentage, the following should be set in the display settings page from the mobile app (please note that battery voltages in Display page are not used for voltage cutoff).
- Battery voltage; Select your battery voltage from the drop down. The Voltage values 0% and 100% will be populated with corresponding values. Do not change these values unless you have a custom-made battery and you know they are different. These values are not related to the battery cutoff voltage and they are not used for it.
- Battery capacity; Please insert in the label the value corresponding to your battery (mah).
- If you notice that the battery percentage is not 100% after you just fully charged your battery, please follow the voltage calibration procedure below.
(available with firmware and apps > v2.1.0)
This should be done only if the voltage displayed is not accurate or the battery percentage is not 100% after you just fully charged your battery. The calibration is maintained once the operation is successful, so it is not necessary to repeat.
Prerequisites: full battery (preferably just after disconnected from the plug) or a multimeter.
- Make sure that in EggRider settings page you have the right Voltage 0% and 100% relative to your battery. You can select from the drop down Select to auto-fill these values.
- With the full battery, connect to the display then go to display settings page, under Voltage calibration select your battery voltage and then press Calibrate
- With the multimeter, connect to the display then go to display settings page, insert the voltage read with your multimeter under FullVoltage and then press Calibrate
If your voltage difference is greater than 2.5V you will receive a popup alert. If you are sure about your voltage then follow the steps used for the following example (adapting accordingly):
EggRider voltage read is 38V and you know that the voltage should be 41.6V (41.6V - 38V = 3.6V > 2.5V)
- Write into FullVoltage 40V (38V + 2V), press calibrate and open the dashboard. Check that the new voltage shown is 40V and get back to display settings. (repeat this step until you get to a difference lower than 2V)
- Write into FullVoltage 41.6 (40 V + 1.6 V), press calibrate and open the dashboard, Check that the new voltage shown is 41.6V.
Bafang switch mode setup
(available with firmware and apps > v2.2.07)
- In Display settings page, select "Live data and settings" for Bafang switching mode, press Write then Read to check its saved.
- When first connecting, it will be executed a read for Basic, Pedal, Throttle pages and their result will be replicated on both profiles Road/OffRoad. In case of failure(switch mode not possible), this action can be triggered manually by tapping 'Initialize' from one of the pages
- Modify settings as desired
- You have to write settings successfully to be able to use switch mode from display or mobile app.
- By pressing Road/OffRoad button from the Dashboard page or M button from the display, it will write the relative settings for the profile
Successive configurations follow steps 3, 4
Things to keep in mind
- If you experience intermittent power cuts, it is most probably because it reaches a speed limit or voltage cutoff.
- If you experience Read/Write issues, please report on which page/mode is not working and which is working, providing screenshots with the settings
- When reading settings it will get the last written settings either by app/display or your own method