Issue #1574 closed
the attached patches do:
- reduce_int.patch: allow reductions on non-integer variables
- int_param.patch: allow non-real parameters to be checked
- doc_scalars.patch: update documentation to mention handling of grid scalars
- no-checkpoint-scalars.patch: don't checkpoint temporary variables
- ignore_empty_triggers.patch: fix code so that empty paramater/variable names cause it to skip a trigger which is what param.ccl documents it to do
- fix_parameter_steerability.patch: some parameters are parsed into a GH extension at STARTUP and thus cannot be (meaningfully) steered afterwards. This patch marks those parameters as STEERABLE=RECOVER.