At the Jun 27, 2016 ET telecon, we found the following bug in McLachlan/ML_BSSN:
Inside the ET_2016_05 ML_BSSN/schedule.ccl, you'll notice the following lines: STORAGE: ML_Ham[timelevels] STORAGE: ML_mom[timelevels] STORAGE: ML_cons_detg[timelevels] STORAGE: ML_cons_Gamma[timelevels] STORAGE: ML_cons_traceA[timelevels]
in all of these lines, "timelevels" should be replaced by "other_timelevels".
This should result in significantly increased memory usage in the latest ML_BSSN (possibly at the 10-20% level), particularly in vacuum evolutions.
Related to this problem, I noticed that in a previous version of McLachlan (2015_05, where the above issue does not exist), all constraints are being stored in checkpoint files, despite having only one timelevel. ML_BSSN_Helper is supposed to overwrite the ML_BSSN/interface.ccl request to set the Checkpoint="no" tag.