GetComponents misplace ML_BSSN_Test repo

Create issue
Issue #72 closed
Bruno Mundim created an issue

Hi,

I just ran the following to get my thornlist updated:

./GetComponents --root ET_2010_11 -a -u einsteintoolkit.th

and despite GetComponents returning successful:

0 components checked out successfully. 164 components updated successfully.

it checked out ML_BSSN_Test again and misplaced it at the same level as the $ROOT directory:

ls einsteintoolkit.th ET_2010_11 GetComponents ML_BSSN_Test

Thanks, Bruno.

Keyword:

Comments (6)

  1. Eric Seidel
    • changed status to open
    • removed comment

    Are you sure you didn't use the experimental parallel checkout (-p)? I have seen this occur with parallel checkout/update, but never with a serial checkout.

  2. Bruno Mundim reporter
    • removed comment

    Yes, I am sure there was no -p flag. I just ran this on bluedrop:

    ./GetComponents --root ET_2010_11 -a -u einsteintoolkit.th

    and saw this problem. What it is strange is that it doesn't happen always and not always with the same thorn.

    Thanks, Bruno.

  3. anonymous
    • removed comment

    This happened to me as well, also without -p. I assume that GetComponents uses "cd" internally, some operation goes wrong (e.g. a network error), GetComponents aborts, but doesn't cd back to where it started from, and then continues to check out into the wrong directory.

  4. Eric Seidel
    • changed status to resolved
    • removed comment

    I have significantly revised the way GetComponents handles "cd" internally, so this should no longer be an issue. Please reopen the ticket if you continue to have these issues.

  5. Log in to comment