This plugin allows you to control Rhythmbox from the system tray. It requires Rhythmbox 2.90+.
With this plugin you can
- Mute/Unmute playback;
- Stop playback after current track;
- Minimize Rhythmbox to the system tray;
- See the current playing song when you hover the tray icon;
- Lower or raise the volume by scrolling up or down over the tray icon;
- Control basic Rhythmbox features (play/pause, stop and go to the previous/next track).
In order to install and use this plugin, you need to install the following packages:
- Rhythmbox 2.90+ (compiled with python support);
Download the latest version in the download area:
Extract its contents and run the following command in a terminal window:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=<libdir> $ make # make install
Where <libdir> is /usr/lib or /usr/lib64, depending on where the rhythmbox's plugins directory is installed (/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins or /usr/lib64/rhythmbox/plugins).
Activate the plugin
Open or restart Rhythmbox and go to Edit > Plugins > System Tray Icon and activate the plugin.
- Tray Icon - another Rhythmbox tray icon plugin.