TEOBResumS: Effective-one-body model with spin and tidal interactions
To start, checkout the WIKI.
Code versions are tagged on master
- C implementation currently maintained and developed.
- C++ implementation abandoned in June 2018 and code development is frozen.
v0.0was reviewed by LVC. Review was concluded on 11.04.2018. The review's final statement can be found here. The reviewed version is tagged as
TEOBResumS is a free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. TEOBResumS is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- C standard library
$ export TEOBRESUMS=/PATH/TO/teobresums/C/ $ cd $TEOBRESUMS $ make -f Makefile.TEOBResumS
$ cd $TEOBRESUMS $ ./TEOBResumS.x <parfile>
For example parfiles see
- Nagar et al (2018) Time-domain effective-one-body gravitational waveforms for coalescing compact binaries with nonprecessing spins, tides and self-spin effects
please cite the above reference when using the code.
Other key references
- Nagar, Messina, Rettegno, Bini, Damour, Geralico, Akcay, Bernuzzi (2018) Nonlinear-in-spin effects in effective-one-body waveform models of spin-aligned, inspiralling, neutron star binaries
- Akcay, Bernuzzi, Messina, Nagar, Ortiz, Rettegno Effective-one-body multipolar waveform for tidally interacting binary neutron stars up to merger
- Nagar, Riemenschneider, Pratten (2017) Impact of Numerical Relativity information on effective-one-body waveform models
- Del Pozzo, Nagar (2016) Analytic family of post-merger template waveforms
- Nagar, Damour, Reisswig, Pollney (2015) Energetics and phasing of nonprecessing spinning coalescing black hole binaries NRAR comparison, BBH spin
- Bernuzzi, Nagar, Dietrich, Damour (2014) Modeling the Dynamics of Tidally Interacting Binary Neutron Stars up to the Merger TEOBResum
- Bini, Damour (2014) Gravitational self-force corrections to two-body tidal interactions and the effective one-body formalism
- Damour, Nagar (2014) New effective-one-body description of coalescing nonprecessing spinning black-hole binaries New formalism for spin with centrifugal radius
- Damour, Nagar (2014) A new analytic representation of the ringdown waveform of coalescing spinning black hole binaries
- Bini, Damour, Faye (2012) Effective action approach to higher-order relativistic tidal interactions in binary systems and their effective one body description
- Damour, Nagar, Bernuzzi (2012) Improved effective-one-body description of coalescing nonspinning black-hole binaries and its numerical-relativity completion
- Bernuzzi, Nagar, Thierfelder, Bruegmann (2012) Tidal effects in binary neutron star coalescence NRAR comparison, NNLO tidal model
- Damour, Nagar (2009) Effective One Body description of tidal effects in inspiralling compact binaries EOB formalism for tides
- Damour, Nagar (2009) Relativistic tidal properties of neutron stars Formalism relativistic Love numbers
- Damour, Nagar (2009) An Improved analytical description of inspiralling and coalescing black-hole binaries
- Damour, Iyer, Nagar (2008) Improved resummation of post-Newtonian multipolar waveforms from circularized compact binaries Resummed EOB waveform
Please contact Sebastiano Bernuzzi and Alessandro Nagar if you wish to be included in the list of developers.
A short description of the code can be found in here. Please, take a moment to understand the data structures and how the parameters are managed.
Since June 2018 the repository is managed (roughly) following a
development workflow, see e.g. the description here.
If you want to start a new branch or development make sure to
- Talk to us
- Run the benchmark before applying any change
- Run the benchmark after you applied your changes and before pushing them; compare and make sure you did not break anything.