A library to talk with neovim in Qt
$ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake ..
The NeovimConnector class is used to setup the connection to Neovim. It also provides you with some VERY low level methods to call RPC functions - but in general you should be using the QObject returned by NeovimConnector::neovimObject()
- To call a function just call the corresponding slot - slots have the same names as the original neovim functions - these are async (return void)
- To get the result of the call catch the corresponding signals, by convention these signals are named 'on_' + slot_name
- The Neovim() class is automagically generated from the Neovim metadata
- For Neovim functions that take the Object type we use QVariant, this seems to be the natural equivalent in Qt
- Neovim has recently started supporting event notifications, via vim_subscribe(), you can connect to the Neovim::neovimEvent signal to catch them
Update the RPC bindings
Part of the code is autogenerated by calling Neovim to get the API metadata, and generating C++ code. This is done using a python script (generate_bindings.py) if you just want to use neovim-qt as is you don't need to worry about this, I already include the generated code in the repository.
The bindings source templates are stored under the bindings/ folder the generated code is in src/auto/.
To generate the bindings yourself you need
A crapload of them
- Error checking (start with the QIODevice related errros)
- We can be more pedantic about argcount in startRequest
- I currently do not implement synchronous calls, I suppose it would be possible to generate more code to do it using QEventLoop
- Make it pretty, i.e. hide msgpack internals, PIMPL the NeovimConnector/Function class, etc