circuits is a Lightweight Event driven and Asynchronous Application Framework for the Python Programming Language with a strong Component Architecture.
circuits also includes a lightweight, high performance and scalable HTTP/WSGI compliant web server as well as various I/O and Networking components.
- event driven
- concurrency support
- component architecture
- asynchronous I/O components
- no required external dependencies
- full featured web framework (circuits.web)
- coroutine based synchronization primitives
- circuits has no dependencies beyond the Python Standard Library.
- Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows
- Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- pypy 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
The simplest and recommended way to install circuits is with pip. You may install the latest stable release from PyPI with pip:
> pip install circuits
If you do not have pip, you may use easy_install:
> easy_install circuits
> python setup.py install
You can install the development version via pip install circuits==dev.
circuits is licensed under the MIT License.
We welcome any questions or feedback about bugs and suggestions on how to improve circuits. Let us know what you think about circuits. @pythoncircuits.
Do you have suggestions for improvement? Then please Create an Issue with details of what you would like to see. I'll take a look at it and work with you to either incorporate the idea or find a better solution.