This project intends to create a generic framework for the Orbiter Space Flight simulator. It should enable users without C++ knowledge (or compilers) to create vessel add-ons that leverage as much as possible of the possibilities the Orbiter SDK offers. In this regards, it is similar to (and compatible with) the legacy frameworks spacecraft3 and multistage2.
- Create a replacement for spacecraft3.dll and multistage2.dll
- Fix bugs and shortcomings still in the system
- Review and redesign of the format (XML instead of INI?)
- Add features like VC defaults or non-standard thrusters
- Instead of the current reference-per-instance method, an additional reference-per-class method should be offered.
- Preferably the mandatory configuration file of the Orbiter class should also contain the INI sections of the definition.
- Spacecraft3 documentation
- Multistage2 documentation
- List of proposed specifications